Thursday 22 September 2011

My First one

After visiting Coco Rose Diaries and some other blog spots frequently I found I needed to put something out there ... for me. Not thinking so much of people who might want to read my posts, since most of the time I get this feeling that I'm nagging, exaggerating or that it's just not worth the trouble.
But I want to write about the little things. The little achievements of myself, and of my treasures who astound me in their way of thinking and their remarkable perception ... Young as they are (2 and almost 4).

Last year my mum passed away after a brief period in hospital and an even shorter period at home. 9½ weeks was all it took from her first day in hospital to her passing away. I seemed to cope OK. I did not have or need much time to grieve, but in the end it came back to haunt me after almost a year. I relived the whole period, day by day and found it hard to cope with.

Now I seem to be OK. Some good books, counseling and therapeutic creative work on the side. Crochet, knitting and sewing. My mum was great at sewing and made fantastic outfits for me. And knitting was also a thing she liked to do. But she was very particular, if it wasn't done to perfection, out it came. She started to unravel. Most sweaters she knitted probably several times before the end result was perfect. And now I find that when I sew or knit, I can hear her comments. And that seems to help me.

So here goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

❀ Thank you so much for leaving a comment ❀